Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Life is a special gift

Life is a special gift we have been given, with it we have senses to experience the beauty of our surroundings. Children playing, writing, and deepening their understanding of the world and what it means to them is something we should not take for granted. There is an old proverb that says, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” We get out of life about what we put into it. If we give nothing, nothing will be returned. We so often forget about the opportunities we have, and do not regret until those opportunities are taken away. Today I saw a number of opportunities. Some chose the opportunity to play tennis, baseball and lacrosse. These were life opportunities to become better athletes, becoming faster, more agile and smarter about the game. They are also opportunities for fun. I witnessed life’s blessings in the small things like bees and flowers, rain and sunshine. Without these small things life would not be as bountiful and enjoyable.

The world is an interesting place, because while I see life I cannot ignore places in the world that do not have life, or have a life very different from my own. I think about the children in Africa, Afghanistan and other poorer regains of the world and wonder, would one of them make better use of my life here in America? Am I worthy of my opportunities and experiences?

No comments: